Casting call for extras and supporting roles for “A Clown’s Story,”
a short film we have started filming in Greensboro, NC.
I’m including the script as an attachment below so those interested can get more of an idea of what they’d be playing.
– MALE JOB APPLICANT (20s or 30s in age) that gives clown confused look in reception room on page 1.
– FEMALE JOB APPLICANT (20s or 30s in age) that gives clown confused look in reception room on page 1.
– MIDDLE-AGED BOSS (male or female) for office scene on page 1.
– a WOMAN and SON or DAUGHTER that would be involved in a brief interaction on the sidewalk on page 3. I have it written as MOTHER and SON, but I’m open to a son or daughter. Because this is a low-budget short and I’ve not worked with many child actors what I pictured would be an actress with a child they could bring for the other role.
– another BOSS (male or female) for office scene on page 3-4.
– PRINCIPAL for school office scene on page 4.
– TWO HIGH SCHOOL AGED FEMALES for hallway scene on page 4-5.
We have been filming on Sundays and look to continue doing that because that’s when the guy that is the clown is available. The scenes are short so would only take a couple of hours to do. Also, because of the current pandemic, we will be shooting with minimum people on set and taking proper safety precautions. We will be in open spaces and the crew will only be 3-4 people, so social distancing shouldn’t be a problem.
Unfortunately I cannot pay for these parts, but I will provide food and include you in the movie credits. The plan is to enter as many film fests with the project so everyone involved can be famous! Lastly, I will be filming with my partners at Mechanical Eye Films. Our website is mechanicaleyefilms.com. For those interested, email me at email@example.com and not our website email address. Thanks.